Honey is a blocker in Candy Crush Soda Saga. Like frosting, honey traps other elements inside it. Its appearance depends on the number of layers present. Transparent honey is introduced in episode 7, Honey Garden, which also introduces a new level type, the honey level. Comb honey is introduced in episode 9, Soda Coast.
After episode 8, Cupcake Cottage, honey can also be present in non-honey levels.
- Honey occupies one square and can have one up to six layers.
- Honey can trap candies, bears, liquorice swirls, bubble gum, or it can just be empty. While contained in the honey, other elements are isolated from outside and cannot be matched, collected, or destroyed, until the square of honey has been destroyed.
- Honey can be transparent or opaque, and its coloring varies with the number of layers.
- Single-layered honey is transparent, and a honeycomb pattern is slightly discernible on it. Double-layered honey is also transparent, though somewhat less, and its comb pattern is often imperceptible. Elements trapped in single- and double-layered honey are visible through the honey.
- Honey with more than two layers is completely opaque, so that its contents cannot be seen. This kind of honey may be referred to as comb honey, as it has a distinct honeycomb pattern which deepens in color with every layer. The number of cells filled with honey determines how many hits it takes to remove the comb.
- Honey can be removed by making matches adjacent to it, or through any special candy's effects reaching the honey (different from cupcake and ice cubes). Each hit will remove one layer of honey. To be fully destroyed, multi-layered honey requires as many hits as there are layers.
- It can also be destroyed when a striped or wrapped candy hits an adjacent candy without directly hitting the honey. Chocolate and honey are the only blockers that can be destroyed with such way.
- Color bomb + color bomb combination can take off one layer of honey. Color bomb + coloring candy can strip honey without honeycomb, and honeycomb will disappear if there is.
- Destroying the last layer of honey will reward 20 points (60 from special candies).
Types of HoneyEdit
|Image||Name||First appearance||Hits to take|
|Single-layered Honey||Level 76||1|
|Comb Honey||Level 106||2 or 3|
|3 or 4|
|4 or 5|
|5 or 6|
- Comb honey was unofficially introduced in level 105 before Glazed Everglade was released and in level 100 after Caramel Cream Clouds was released and before Pastry Planet was released.
- This blocker can appear in other level types instead of just appearing in honey levels.
- In honey levels, after saving the bears in one board or each section, all layers of honey will be immediately removed. However, in other level types, they don't act like so.
- This blocker is similar like marmalade of Candy Crush Saga. However, that blocker always has candies inside.
|Candy Crush Soda Saga Blockers|